Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
SUMMARY: The Development Administrator will work collaboratively within The Development Team reporting directly to the Director of Development. The duties of this position will include revenue tracking, database management, managing donor acknowledgement, pipeline management, research, assisting with special events, drafting proposals and other communications and social media support. The role supports the overall functions of the Development Department supporting all fundraising activities and administrative needs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Revenue Tracking
- Enter and update information for all donations and gifts within database
- Work with our fiscal team to ensure proper accounting of gifts generated by the department.
- Maintain and update reports on status of fundraising activities including monthly development reports and other reports as requested by Director of Development.
- Assist in data clean up and database re-organization
- Donor Acknowledgement
- Generate and mail all gift acknowledgment letters accurately for the development department within 48 hours of gift receipt
- Create and generate correspondence to donors and donor prospects including solicitations, information, or receipts
- Develop and maintain pipelines of prospective donors and corporate partners
- Perform wealth-screens and prospect reports
- Perform research projects as needed including industry research, cost analysis, vendor searches etc.
- Administrative Support
- Provide general administrative support as needed for the department and the agency
- Support special events as needed including event preparation and planning, invitation process, day of setup etc.
- Support social media needs of the department including drafting, scheduling and posting.
- And other duties as assigned by the Development Director of Executive Director
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree (preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 1-3 years previous or related experience
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated interest in a career in the non-profit sector and alignment with TSCLI’s mission
- Good time-management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Competence in Google Suite, Hootsuite and Canva a plus
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software for grants management a plus.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Full-Time, Exempt, 35 hours per week 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (may need to flex time to accommodate program needs);
- Benefits: Health and dental insurance, paid vacation, personal and sick days;
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Salary: $40,000
- While every application will be reviewed, only applicants being considered for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The Safe Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, , marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, , status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.