Housing Case Manager- Domestic Violence- Social Services
Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
The Safe Center LI’s Housing Case Manager provides concrete services to clients in the agency’s rapid rehousing program. The rapid rehousing program provides short term rental assistance and case management services to eligible survivors of domestic violence. The Housing Case Manager will assist clients with locating and securing safe and affordable housing and will provide ongoing services to program participants and help clients to increase their capacity to be self-sufficient.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Housing
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management, life skills and support services to clients
- Safety planning
- Conduct program intakes
- Assist the department’s housing specialists in housing search and relocation efforts
- Work collaboratively with housing specialists in coordinating with property owners and brokers including facilitating the process of signing the lease and handling other relevant matters to assist clients in obtaining safe housing
- Coordinate services with the department’s employment specialist
- Assist clients in applying for social service benefits at the Department of Social Services
- Assist clients with moving into new space
- Using agency vehicle to transport clients
- Home visits/Field visits/Video conferencing meetings
- Referrals and linkages
- Crisis Intervention
- Coordination with other service providers
- Prepare monthly statistics and other program reporting
- Participate in individual supervision, staff meetings and case conferencing
- Travel for client visits, apartment viewings, meetings, and other program related matters
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bilingual/ Spanish written and spoken strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s in social work, psychology or related field required
- Masters Degree preferred
- Preferred at least 2 years’ experience with case management, domestic violence and/ or housing search/assistance
- COVID-19 vaccination required
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $42,000
- Bilingual Salary: $44,000
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt, 35 hours per week (may need to be flexible depending on when clients are able to meet)
- Benefits: Health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and personal car
- Ability to use email, computer, fax machine, agency provided cell phone and laptop
Send resume and cover letter to Nicole Maggiotta at NMaggiotta@tscli.org or fax to (516) 465-4740. NO CALLS PLEASE. While every application will be reviewed, only applicants being considered for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The Safe Center LI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, , marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, , status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center LI believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.
 All rules regarding leave accruals and benefits must be adhered to.